Kansas Odyssey of the Mind
1. Tournament Registration
- A. Tournament registration will take place online and will not be considered complete until the Kansas Odyssey of the Mind state treasurer receives a check or PO.
- B. For all divisions, tournament registration fee will be $60.00 PER TEAM for the state tournament.
- C. The state tournament registration deadline is January 18, 2013. For all divisions, tournament registration fee will be $60.00 per team for the state tournament.
- D. Late registrations require a late fee of an additional $50.00 per team plus the original fee to be included with payment. However, no State registration will be allowed once the schedule has been finalized. This procedure has been implemented in an effort to help with scheduling problems.
- E. Membership registrations with Creative Competitions, Inc. must be received in New Jersey before you can register a team for competition.
- F. One volunteer per membership is required for the state competition and their name must accompany team registration. These volunteers must be at least 18 years of age.
2. Postponement Policy
The Tournament Director and the state board will make the decision regarding postponement due to unforeseen circumstances including inclement weather. Due to the impracticalities of rescheduling, teams should not expect tournaments to be rescheduled. The weather may require teams to make alternate plans.
3. Tournament Procedures
- A. All teams must be present and ready to compete at the scheduled times as they appear in the program. Teams not meeting this criterion will be excluded. In the event of an emergency, phone contact with tournament officials must occur as soon as possible and a waiver to compete at alternate times may be granted at the discretion of the tournament officials.
- B. Each team will have at least one hour between scheduled times ( if possible) for spontaneous and long-term problem competition. Structure teams will be scheduled so that there is more than sufficient time between weigh-in, spontaneous, and long-term competition.
- C. Teams will not compete earlier than scheduled for the long term-portion of the competition.
- D. Cut-off for all clarifications from CCI is February 15th.
- E. An original completed Media Release Form for each individual team member must be turned in at the Tournament Registration table before a team competes. A copy of the form can be printed from http://ksodyssey.com. Each team must submit to the staging area judge the Video Release Form and all other forms specified by the current Program Guide and the team’s specific problem. Please note that multiple copies may be required of certain forms.
4. Score Sheets
- A. Coaches may pick up their copy of the Master long-term score sheet at a designated site. Please allow at least 30 minutes for the long-term score to be available (first scores may take longer); this amount of time is subject to the Tournament Director’s discretion.
- B. Coaches are to follow the procedures for questioning or challenging long-term scores set forth in the current Odyssey of the Mind Program Guide. Within 30 minutes of receiving long-term scores, questions must be taken to the score pick-up table and the head judge will be notified. The tournament is considered ended once the award ceremony for that division has begun. Questions or challenges will not be considered or re-opened once the tournament is ended.
- C. Individual team Master Score sheets will be returned at the end of each tournament. Overall tournament results will be posted at the tournament conclusion.
5. Corrections Due to Scoring Room Errors
If a mathematical or other scoring room error is discovered, documentation of the error in scoring and ranking must be received by the Tournament Director within seven (7) days of the tournament date. After seven (7) days from the tournament date, no changes will be made. If the error affects placing and/or advancement, the team affected will be allowed to place or advance as applicable, all other teams rankings will stand as awarded.
6. Qualifying for World Finals
First and second place teams at the state tournament will automatically qualify for World Finals. State Ranatra winners and their teams, if they are individuals, will be invited to World Finals.
A tie will be recognized when team overall scores are within one point of each other.